Saturday, March 16, 2013

A New Job


I am excited to announce that I will be starting to teach general music in a private school in La Molina. I am going to be teaching K-2 grade and I am super excited. I had a mock class yesterday with a first grade class that I will be teaching. Oh man! They were full of energy at 8am. I am going to be beyond exhausted at the end of the day but I am looking forward to it. I was super tired when I got to the school but as soon as class started and the kids came in with all their energy, I knew it was the place for me. More than anything, this job is going to teach me about managing a classroom. I have the musical knowledge necessary and I have all sorts of great ideas for my classes but I have had much less experience in the management of classrooms that weren't made up of all music students. I am going to be dealing with kids who don't want to have anything to do with music and with those who are very advanced. It is a spectrum and I have to teach to all. That is going to be my challenge and I am ready to take it on. I wish I had more puppets and fun things but I am excited to get my creative juices flowing and have fun making things for class. I got all set up with HR yesterday and now all I need to get are the objectives for my year for each grade. I am also hoping that I can get a hold of the school's procedural manual so I am more clear on how everything works.

I tried out for a Chorus called Coro Arpegio. It went really well and they are interested in having me join! I am pumped because not only does it mean I will meet other female singers, I will also be making more money than I am playing my violin in masses right now. The rehearsals will be in Barranco and I have some time before I have to start. April and May are high season for weddings as well as October and November. Obviously, I won't be working on the 18th or 19th of October. ;)

In other news, we bought an entertainment center from Ripley a few days ago. I haven't been taking any photos lately but here is one. I am super excited to actually start furnishing out place. We are still waiting to buy a couch and dinner table until we move to the house on the villa but an entertainment center is a nice addition to our living room. Our TV is definitely not the type of TV the center was made for. Marco is itching to buy a 40 inch screen. I don't care all that much about buying a TV. It is not on my priority list. We will continue furnishing on a monthly basis. There are many things we need to be saving for so buying a TV right now is not our number one priority.




I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment