Saturday, March 9, 2013

Still Here!

Hey everyone. I am sorry that my posts are not very frequent. I have been busy working on contracting work from Odesk. I spend way too much time on my computer and at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is put up a post. However, things are going well and after the next week and a half, I will have much more time to myself.

In exciting news, I have the possibility to start teaching general music to kids between the ages of 5 and 8. I am super excited. It is like my opportunity with Qantu. I feel like I lack experience but I don't lack enthusiasm! I also have the want to learn as much as I can from Cristina, my friend who proposed the job to me. She is a student at the National Conservatory here in Lima and she can't cover all the classes she was teaching last year. If all works out well I will be teaching two days a week for a total of 10 hours. I am very happy to have a part time job. It will give me time to continue teaching violin and English classes.

I am getting more and more comfortable living in Lima. It hasn't been as easy as I would have liked but big moves are never completely easy. Lima is bigger than Cusco and it is the first time that I am actually living in a big city. I say that I am from Chicago but I grew up in Evanston, in a nice cozy neighborhood. I am getting used to being more aware of my surroundings and personal safety. Peru is not a dangerous country to be living in relatively speaking. You have to be careful in any big city though. Fortunately, nothing has happened and I plan on keeping it that way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment