Friday, August 8, 2014

Tired but so so grateful

Marco and I had a wonderful 18 days in the US and we got back early this morning to Lima. I plan on writing a more comprehensive blog post about our trip (or maybe a few since some events could definitely use their own posts). Right now I just want to take a minute to thank everyone who made us feel so welcomed and made Marco feel welcomed. We visited so many friends and family during our 10 state trip and he enjoyed all of it. I am beyond grateful to have finally taken my husband to where I am from. He can understand me better and he has a better sense of where I am coming from when I refer to different things back in the States. I am beyond happy to have had this amazing experience. I am also beyond grateful for my mom who hosted an amazing open house for us and allowed us to see a bunch of people we wouldn't have seen otherwise. I am also grateful for my dad who lent us his car for our road trip and got our luggage fixed. Judy and he also bought us a beautiful photo printed on aluminum that will be going up in our living room as soon as it arrives. Thank you to my wonderful brother too who hosted us and gave up his bed for three nights. The circle tour of the monuments in DC was pretty fantastic too.

To everyone else, thank you for your hospitality and warmth. Marco loved his first trip to the States and we are excited for the next one that will include at least one more family member!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you two visit! But remember that the next visit must be in the dead of northern hemisphere winter so that your growing family can enjoy the snowy wonderland we have here.

    ReplyDelete