Monday, July 29, 2013

Felices Fiestas Patrias!

We have had a very nice relaxing holiday weekend. Marco has today and tomorrow off from school/work and we were able to watch the military parade from the comfort of our couch. He is lucky he didn't have to march. However, it is not uncommon for those in Material de Guerra not to march after the reach higher ranks. How convenient!

I was trying to think if there were any military parades in the States for the 4th of July. I am sure there are but the only parades I remember are community ones that have all sorts of fun acts and bands. I wrote about it last year actually.

This afternoon our niece C joined us for some tequeños (cheese wrapped inside wantan and fried with guacamole) and tea. She is 17 and is studying to enter university next year. She wants to study civil engineering. Not bad! She is super sweet and I look forward to seeing her again. Roxana, Marco's cousin whom I visited while in Buenos Aires, passed along our number to C and she called us this morning to see if she could come over and hang for a bit. She lives in Puente Piedra which is quite a ways from Chorrillos but thanks to the metropolitano she got here in 40 minutes. I love family gatherings no matter how small. There will definitely be more to come!

Marco and I are off to take an afternoon run. I leave you with some photos of our new dining room table!



Marco bought me a covered wagon. Super sweet. We are planning on decorating our place with more Americana and I am very excited to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment